Do you need to make pom-poms? Well here is an easy DIY on exactly that.
Pom-poms can be used for so many tings, from upgradeing your sweater to make it more Christmasy, party decorations, headbands, you name it. Your creativity is the limit here. I will use it to upgrade an old worn out cap.
What you need
- Compass or something round you can trace
- Decide what size your pompom should have. Mine will be big, so I chose diameter 8 cm. This is very easy to do with a compass, if you don’t have one you have to find a item that has that approx size you are looking for like a cup or a plate. Also a smaller item for the circle in the middle. My inner circle has a diameter on 3 cm. Trace these 2 circles and cut them out. Remember make a cut connecting the circles so you can get the yarn through in the middle.
- Put the two cardboard circles together, with the openings the same way. Then start pulling the yarn through the opening. The more yarn you use, the more dense the pompom will be.
- When you are done pulling yarn through. It its time to cut open the pompom. Save some yarn for the step after this, min 15 cm. Cut the treads in between the two circles of cardboard.
- Take the extra yarn piece and pull it through the middle of the two pieces of cardboard and around. Tighten and tie a knot.
- Use your scissor to trim the yarn to make a ball.
- Fasten your pompom to whatever that needs a upgrade.
Easy right? Now you can make a hundred ❤ ❤ ❤
Here is my cap, I gave it some love. I put the loose treads back in place and fastened the pompom. All of the sudden it is a band NEW cap ❤