I just want to share a super easy way to upgrade your old jacket. This is really the simplest way to bring some new life to an old jacket.
Jacket facelift = new excitement = longer wear 💚. The most environment friendly thing we can do is to use what we already HAVE, instead of buying USED or NEW clothing. Adding a personal touch to your clothes makes you have a stronger relationship with them, and it will be much harder to break up with them. 💔 Loved clothes last longer because we take better care of them.
This styling I did for a friend of mine. My passion is definetly to tell others how to do things 😂 but sometimes I do forget that not everybody thinks this is so easy as I believe it is (my forgotten degree in fashion might have something to do with it). Since this practically takes no time (max 1 hour) I decided I could just do it my self, and THEN tell all of you how easy it was instead.
What you need
- Transfer paper
- Piece of fabric approx A4
- Sewing machine
- Thread in chosen color
- Trims for decoration
- Iron board or towels
- Baking sheets
1. Choose a picture you would love to decorate your jacket with
2. Print your transfer-picture accordingly to the instructions following. Some pictures need to be flipped. Also make sure you add the correct side in the printer.
3. Iron the transfer sheet on to the piece of fabric using the instructions. Use the baking sheet between the picture and the iron.
4. Pin the picture onto the jacket. Zigzag around the edge. I used the button-hole seam to get the seam tight enough.
5. Decorate around with trims you like. That matches or mismatches the picture.
Enjoy your masterpiece 💚 easy peasy
My friend was very happy with her Frida Charlo picture and the vintage lace trim 😉❤